William "Bill" Thode
Attorney Thode is the founder of Denver Family Lawyers. As a seasoned trial attorney, Bill is most comfortable in the courtroom, but he is also a skilled mediator capable of obtaining favorable agreements without litigation when possible.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bill received his Juris Doctorate from The George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C. and received special recognition for his trial advocacy skills, which he has continued to demonstrate in his career of more than 25 years. He has practiced law in Colorado since 1997.
Before attending law school, Bill graduated cum laude from the University of Colorado at Denver with a Bachelor of Science in Economics.
AWARDS & ASSOCIATIONS
Over the past two decades, Mr. Thode has received a number of awards and accolades in the legal community for his expert advocacy and skill in Colorado family law. Some of Bill’s honors include:
- 2020 – Lifetime Achievement Award (America’s Top 100 Attorneys)
- 2021 – Attorney of the Year (Top 100 Lawyers)
- 2017 – Top 100 Lawyers (The National Advocates)
- 2016-2021 – 10 Best Attorneys: client satisfaction
- 2020, 2022 – Top 10 Family Law Firm (Best of the Best Law Firms)
- 2020 – Top Ranking Law Firm: Family Law (American Association of Attorney Advocates)
- 2020, 2021 – Top 10 Family Law Firm (Attorney & Practice Magazine)
- 2019 – 10 Best Law Firms – Colorado (American Institute of Family Law Attorneys)
- 2016 – 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Colorado
- 2015 – Top Family Lawyers in Colorado, The American Society of Legal Advocates
- 2015 – Premier 100 Trial Attorneys, The American Academy of Trial Attorneys
Mr. Thode is also an active member of the legal community and is involved in the following associations:
- Colorado Bar Association
- CBA – Family Law Section
- Denver Bar Association
Outside of his career in law, Mr. Thode lives in Denver with his wife, Fabiola, his youngest of four kids (Alexandra), three dogs, and a bunny. He is an active member of Cherry Hills Community Church and enjoys arguing religion and politics in his spare time. He also writes music and performs in various Denver venues.