Denver Adoption Attorney
Adoption Lawyers in Denver Providing Compassionate Attention
Adopting a child is a wonderful choice that gives them the opportunity to grow up in a safe home where they are supported and loved. However unselfish that decision may be, the process to adopt a child can be very difficult and complex. If you and your family are considering bringing a family together through adoption, Denver Family Lawyers can help guide you. We are here to ensure you understand your rights and your responsibility as you go through the intensive process.
Having an adoption lawyer by your side is important for providing you with all of the support and guidance that you need during this time. An attorney will help protect your rights and make the adoption process as smooth as possible. Our adoption attorneys have helped many families find success in the adoption process while ensuring that all legal requirements are met. Let us help assist and guide you through every step of the adoption process.
Call us today at (303) 225-3343 if you would like strong representation on your side.
Types of Adoption Cases Our Lawyers In Denver Represent
There are a number of different types of adoption, all of which involve a slightly different process. Our firm understands the various complex ins and outs of all types of adoption cases. For example, stepparent adoptions often take place when a parent gets remarried and the child will be living with their parent and the new spouse. Another common circumstance is when a biological parent has to give up their parental rights suddenly, such as in the case of child abuse or substance abuse. Petitioning for adoption can seem confusing, which is why our Denver adoption lawyer is here to guide you.
Our firm can represent you in all types of adoption cases, including the following:
- Stepparent adoption
- Grandparent adoption
- Private adoption
- Contested adoption
- Agency adoption
Step Parent Adoption in Colorado
Step parent adoption involves an individual becoming the legal parent
for the child of his or her spouse. Although you may already feel like
your child's step parent, taking legal action on the matter can offer
you and your family some great benefits and legal implications that you
may not know about.
If you are interested to learn more about the benefits offered by step parent adoption in Colorado, please call our family law firm today at (303) 225-3343. Our step parent adoption lawyers have been helping to legally unite families for decades and can help to answer any questions that you have regarding the legal matters involved.
Benefits of step parent adoption in Colorado include the following:
- Legal Rights: You will have the legal authority to make decisions in your child's life, regarding matters such as religion, medical care, schooling, and more.
- Equal Rights: You will be granted equal rights to the child in the situation that you and your spouse decide to get a divorce. This includes matters regarding custody and visitation.
- Biological Parents Will No Longer Have Rights: Step parent adoption will help to minimize of influence of the biological parent in the child's life in the case that the biological parent is involved with alcohol, drugs, or demonstrates behavioral issues.
- Insurance Benefits and Inheritance Rights: Legally adopting your step child will grant him or her insurance and inheritance benefits. Your step children will be legally entitled to inheritance, as well as life insurance benefits that you may want to leave behind. This way, you will be able to legally secure their futures.
- A Stronger Bond: Legally adopting your step child can help to strengthen the bond between you and the child. This is a big step in demonstrating your ongoing devotion, and can tremendously solidify your family's connection.
The Process For Step Parent Adoption in Colorado
In order to legally adopt your step child in the state of Colorado, there are certain requirements that you have to meet, as well as particular steps that you have to take.
The steps and requirements to adopt your step child in the state of Colorado include the following:
- A criminal history and background check (involving your fingerprint)
- The completion of the TRAILS background check
- The legal consent of the custodial parent
- The legal consent of the non-custodial parent (except if the parent has abandoned the child)
- Filing of the petition with the Colorado court
- A legal adoption hearing
If the non-custodial parent does not agree to the step parent adoption, the situation may be tricky. An adoption attorney will be able to help navigate the situation for you and inform you of all of the legal options available to you. Having an experienced attorney by your side during this time is critical for protecting you and your family, and for ensuring a smooth and successful adoption process.
How Can An Adoption Attorney In Denver Help You?
Having an adoption attorney by your side is important for ensuring that you are provided with the objective legal advice and emotional support that you need during this time. Your adoption attorney will be able to guide and support you every step of the way.
An adoption attorney can help you by:
- Provide you with important legal guidance: Your attorney will be able to answer all of your questions and provide you with objective legal guidance that can tremendously help you throughout the adoption process.
- Ensuring the best possible outcome: Your attorney will know the ins and outs of the legal system. He or she will have experience negotiating with the judge and can offer expertise and representation that will tremendously benefit you and the legal outcome regarding your adoption.
- Saving you time and money: Your attorney will be able to handle all of the paperwork involved with your adoption and will ensure that everything gets completed correctly and promptly, saving you both time and money. Your lawyer will also have access to resources that may help to speed up the adoption process and the time that you obtain everything you need to conclude matters (such as the birth certificate).
- Will fiercely represent you: If you need to go to court, your attorney will be able to fiercely represent you and support your case. Your attorney is essentially your best advocate and will go above and beyond to ensure the best possible outcome for your adoption case.
Understanding the Steps of the Adoption Process in Colorado
The exact steps you will have to go through will depend heavily on the type of adoption you are petitioning for. We have the necessary experience to handle any type of adoption case, even a contested adoption that must be litigated. You can rely on us to represent you every step of the way, from assisting you with your petition to your adoption hearing and home visits.
- Parenting After Divorce
- What Factors Play into a Parental Responsibility Decision?
- Factors for Determining Child Custody
- Domestic Violence and Child Custody Cases
- Relocating with Your Children After a Divorce
Call us today at (303) 225-3343 For a free case evaluation with an Experienced adoption lawyer in Denver